The CH-47 helicopter repairer is primarily responsible for the maintenance of the CH-47 Helicopters (also known as the “Chinook”). With hundreds of Army missions depending on these helicopters, they must ensure that all of them are safe and ready to fly.
- Remove and install aircraft subsystem assemblies such as engines, rotors, gearboxes, transmissions and mechanical flight controls
- Service and lubricate aircraft and subsystems
- Inspect and repair aircraft wings, fuselages and tail assemblies
- Prepare aircraft for inspections and maintenance checks
- Assist in diagnosing/troubleshooting
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
For more information: http://www.goarmy.com/