Initiated in 1968 in memory of Doris Mullen (WG #84), a dedicated and professional pilot who lost her life in a fixed-wing aircraft accident, the scholarship program has grown from a single $500 scholarship to several different scholarships valued in excess of $45,000.
The deadline to apply for scholarships is Oct. 1.
Here’s the list of scholarships for 2013:
- NEW: Vertical Reference/External Load Flight Training Scholarship
- NEW: P&S Agricultural Services, Inc. Flight Training Scholarship
- American Eurocopter Flight Training Scholarship
- Robinson Helicopter R22/R44 Safety Course Scholarship
- FlightSafety International Bell 206 Initial Pilot Scholarship
- Advanced Mountain Flight Training Scholarship
- Aircraft Ditching Course Scholarship
- Whirly-Girls Add-On Flight Training Scholarship
- Whirly-Girls Memorial Flight Training Scholarship
You can download the applications on their website : http://www.whirlygirls.org/wg-scholarships
More info: http://www.whirlygirls.org/